Thursday, May 21, 2009

Last nights drink of choice...


So for the drink last night I chose to make a granita.  This is such a fantastic summer type of drink, it is super easy and so yummy.

For my Champagne granita:
1 bottle of Champagne ( I used Freixenet PJ got me hooked on this extra dry champagne)
1 cup simple syrup (store bought or make it yourself, see recipe below)
2 lemons juice and zest
1/2 pint of berries of choice ( I went with strawberries and blueberries with a little sugar and lemon juice on top)

Simple syrup:
1 1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cup sugar

Bring water to boil then add in sugar until dissolved.  Place in glass jar to cool then stick in the fridge till you will use, I recommend to make this a day or so in advance.

Granita:
In a glass baking dish add the bottle of Champagne, lemon zest and juice and sugar together and mix completely.  Cover with saran wrap and place in the freezer over night.  The day of use take our right before you are going to serve it and chop it up a little so that it starts to melt a little bit.  Then place in whatever type of glass or dish you want and top with some berries and your guests will love it!  


No comments:

Post a Comment